Measuring and Inspecting with the Packaging Machine RPL
In the following, we provide a brief general overview of the inspection and measuring functions of the in the high-speed packaging machine. We would be pleased to explain further details as well as technical data to you per telephone or at an appointment with us on site.
Inspection of Dimensional Accuracy
The measurements on the workpiece (from top/from side) are individually defined via a toolbox (M-Box) integrated into the inspection machine.
- Roll Pin
- Inner circle
- Outer circle
- Form check
Individual complex measurements by combining different geometry elements and their results.
All-round surface inspection (shape-from-shading)
(Example of an indexable cutting insert from top)
- Local edge chippings in the outer contour area
- Local surface defects, e.g. spallings, cakings, cracks
- Position deviations of the chip breakers (symmetry inspection)
- Type recognition (same outer contour but different chip breakers)
All-round surface inspection (color)
(Example of an indexable cutting insert from top )
- Global color deviations of the complete part
- Color gradients
- Local coating defects on the surface (e.g. spots, discolorations, spallings)
- Local coating defects in the edge area